Friday, June 28, 2013

Shopping for Baby C

Shopping for the upcoming arrival of baby C has started since he has reached 3 months of his gestational age. And yes, did I mentioned a 'he'? Now that we'll be seeing the baby (in sha Allah) in less than a 1 month time, I guess its so appropriate to share that we are expecting a (bouncy) baby boy! In sha Allah :) :)


Look what we got from Tesco!

Daddy has been the most excited since he'll be having a buddy for him to watch the football games on TV (other than having our kittens Iphone and Ipad joining them too!). Me on the other hand is also excited and hoping that Baby C will come out healthy but not as excited as the daddy given the fact that I shall bid farewell to pretty dresses and headbands (for now). :D

And now I'll become a mother, I totally understand how parents can be too excited (especially us mummies!) on baby stuffs. I remember ohh-ing over mothercare, carter's and other websites. I've went crazy and cannot tido malam I tell you. Booties, onesies, hats, bibs. You'll be wearing more clothes than mummy by then Baby. Everytime, I'll whatsapp cute baby products to my husband hoping that he'll go crazy with me (and he did not!).
This was the second lot of our purchase. The first one was through online made 6 months ago..

Here are some of the tips I could share with  first time mummies like myself. It's from my personal experience and I'm sure other mummies have theirs too :)

Baby's shopping list
As much as it is hard to resist shopping for your little ones, we might want to think again and sit down with the other half to figure out a baby's shopping list. We made one for ours and only stick to that list for the entire time. Alhamdulillah, it works. I'll share the list here next time, promise (at least sebelum I meletup) :) Just keep to the basic stuffs and you'll expand the list from there. You might be surprised on the things that you or the baby will use for a very short period of time that you can just borrow or even get from your family members and close friends. Most of Baby C onesies and daily clothes are given by my sis-in-law and even the mummy got her maternity work pants without even the need to spend :)

Growing babies
Shopping for a newborn can be very tricky especially to a first time parents like us. Other than being extra careful in selecting what's best for the baby, we also want our purchase to be useful for him for at least until...he cannot use it anymore. You know how a baby can quickly grow. One day he'll be wearing a newborn size onesie and the next day he'll need a 0-3 months! I wish my pockets can grow the same as he will be.. Also I've been getting advice particularly on this subject, 'don't get the newborn clothes. If your baby is 3kg plus, he can no longer wear it in 2 weeks time. Get the 0-3months". Whatt? 2 weeks pun mummy belum sempat kurus -_-.

Save your pocket


Set of Tomee Tippee Essentials set we bought from Mothercare UK.
  • One set with everything. I would advise mummies to get one set with everything you need instead of buying things separately. We bought a set of tommee tippee Essentials Sterilization Set which consists of Electric Steam Steriliser, bottle warmer, milk bottles, milk dispenser, thermal travel bags, brush and most of the feeding items the baby needs (with cheaper price!). At least with these essential items, I can now rest my head in peace. Price per set: RM350. Price if purchase separately: More than RM500!
  • Make a purchase during expo or the sale season. We went to the expo held at Midvalley few months back but did not get anything because we were clueless on the price. And to those who hate a space with too many crowds like myself, you should also try Baby store coz they also offer great discounts during sale season. Jangan pergi yang dalam shopping malls like OU, try those on the shoplots (I love Baby Jaya at Damansara Utama). You'll be surprised with what they can offer!
  • Purchase from outside Malaysia. I know this sounds difficult and why on earth should someone go through such hassle to buy the same thing that's available in the country. When both of us know we are expecting, the end year sale has just started. But with the baby's gender still unknown, it's hard to shop, so we only purchased those we think suit for both genders. And we purchased them online (through Mothercare website) and get it shipped to a friend's address who's living in the UK. Later we arranged a shipment from there to our address in Malaysia and took 2 and a half months to arrive.
Let's see how much did we saved on this one-time purchase.

Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix car seat
Before sale 135 pounds
After sale 90 pounds (Price:  RM450)
(Retail price in Msia - RM900)


Quinny Buzz 3-wheeler stroller
Before sale 425 pounds
After sale 300 pounds (Price: RM1500)
(Retail price in Msia - RM2500)


Tommee Tippe Essentials Sterilization Set
Before sale 140 pounds
After sale 70 pounds (Price: RM350)
(Retail price in Msia - RM1000)

We have saved: ~RM 2000.

The point that I'd like to make is that mummies, don't go shopping (at the shop or virtually) alone! Or you'll come home or end up regretting purchasing the unnecessary things :D 

Happy shopping all mummies and mummies-to-be :D

Love.

1 comment:

Nawal Aizad said...

Rajinnya uuuuu beli barang sana ship semua. My husband dah set his eyes on this particular stroller, sampai la ni xnak. Nak tang tuuuu jugak. Hah ikot le. Huhu

I havent shopped yet. Haha. Planning to start this month but we got all the newborn outfits from friends as well..

And the countdown begins! :D