Friday, March 23, 2012

Wedding Item No 2: Dream Solemnization Dress


Hikhik, so many things to do, yet so little time to spare. Since my wedding is more or less 3 months away, I've tried speeding up every little preparation details, including spending a few hours at the house of Jakel buying materials and then finalizing the design for my Nikah dress. Kenapa la Jakel has to be that big, and kenapa lah most of the materials are expensive? -_- *geget jari*

Selecting materials and a design for my solemnization dress was an easy task. It was a pleasurable moment for me as I was so sure with what I want. Chewah. Macam senang je dengar kan. For my dream solemnization dress, I've always been imagining myself wearing a white/off-white chiffon dress, flowy, with a little bit of detailing like lace and pearls of the same color. Also lotsa buttons on the sleeves and at the back of the dress. I envied those dresses with lotsa buttons on it, so classy!

Materials that I have chosen were chiffon (8metres), crepe lining (heavy and not as shiny as sateen), and lace for patching.


My dress during the engagement in December.

I had no choice when it comes to selecting the tailor/designer except to go for someone that can still make good quality dress/design at the same time is charging at a reasonable price. Alan assured me that since we already paid quite an amount on our reception dress :D, I should send the materials to my normal tailor. Alhamdulillah, I accepted his suggestion considering that he's making a good point out of it.

Let's see what I had on my mind for the design of the dress. Jeng jeng jeng...

Pleated chiffon

Patch lace

Oh so gorgeous! Look at the train :)


All pictures credit to Syomir Izwa, the designer.

Ahhh so lovely! Let's just wait for the outcome. My first fitting is early May :D

2 comments:

reena said...

Weeee! cant wait to see both dresses! Sure meletops!

Aida Narina said...

Thank u reena! :) Hope I'll turn out as what I am expecting. Rasa sgt best sbb it's combination of few designs that I like. I'm sure urs will be gorgeous too! :)