Monday, September 12, 2011

Work Anniversary


Pejam celik, pejam celik.. it has already been 1 year and almost 2 months since I stepped into the working world. I remembered clearly it was on the 2nd of August 2010 as I had just arrived from the UK 3 days before that. I was very determined back then to start to go to work since it's my very first job after graduating. A real proper work which suits my qualification. I've done internships, but it was totally a different thing because it was just temporary. Gladly I didn't waited that long to secure a job. In fact, I've secured my spot with the company even before I went through my final exam. It was during my Easter holiday (I think) that I went through a series of interviews at a careers fair in London. Total of 6 to be exact.

I thanked God that I was among all the lucky people attending for the interviews as it didn't took me ages to receive the good news. Even though it was only one offer, but it made me feel grateful for everything that I had back then and how I've made it that far. Yes, I did had a good feeling after attending that particular interview. The interviewer was the head of Human Resource which is none other than a lady with very soft heart. God give me a chance to have finally met her. We've talked like we've known each other before and later until we realized it has turned to a 1-hour 30-minutes session, longer than it should be. Later, after a month, that one call has changed my world in many ways and that was 3 month before my graduation. 

Even though I've waited for offers from a few other specific companies, I've only managed to secure this one which is not even in my favourite list. But luckily at that time it was not hard for me to make a decision. I've tried digesting that this was chosen for me and I'm sure that Allah has better plans for me. And I was right.. Even recently I was being offered to work in an O&G company that's one of my favourites, I've rejected it simply because I love my current company, work, bosses and colleagues. It might not be the best company with the highest profit making, but it has something that others might not have. It has nearly everything that I need to really expand my capabilities.

I have a lot to share about working life but always lost for words in describing how great it was and still is. InsyaAllah, I'll slowly start writing again for the sake of keeping this blog alive :)



I was once in the GAME engineering programme. GAME stands for - Generating AMazing Engineer :) Recently happily ended my rotations and now is a Project Engineer for Brazil Projects.

Before I leave this space of mine, I'd love to share with you this. From my favourite Eleanor Roosevelt.
"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience."


p/s: I'm on Medical leave today. On a fever and a minor cough because of the jerebu maybe. Let's pray that it will end soon.

No comments: