Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Of Friends And Friendship

A good friend is someone we can count on, as well as being so much more.
.
.
.
.
.

A friend is someone with whom we can relax and just hang out, have fun and share our innermost thoughts, deep dark secrets, lofty and noble goals or our hopes, joys, and fears.
.
.
.
.
.

A good friend allows you a safe space to share your deepest thoughts and needs without worry of being judged, criticized or made to feel silly for feeling the way you do.
.
.
.
.
.

Friends cheer each other on, laugh and cry together, and just plain commiserate and listen to each other.

That's why friends are friends.
.
.
.
.
.



And I cherish the day that I got to see my dear friends back from school again.

It was my close friend's wedding, Diana last Sunday. She was my dear roommate back in school, the craziest I've ever had. Then there's K-run, K-reen, Yana and Faizah. I shared a room with Diana and Faizah, while K-run, K-reen and Yana are in the same room just next to us. You know how rooms back in boarding school can be? They call it rooms but used wooden panels as the dividers. We call it the dorm-style rooms. Even the dividers are not that high enough and when we climb up on our beds, we can quietly see our neighbours changing clothes! Those were the days..

But I secretly love the idea of the dorm-style rooms. I believed all of us did. It made all 6 of us very close to each other. On how I describe my day-to-day basis will surely surrounded by each of my girlfriends. From shouting to gossiping and wishing our good nights to each other through the walls. Or being thrown a bucket of water and all kinds during birthdays. This I guess could be the main reason why they made the divider thingy..

Diana, the bride (as gorgeous as she was in picture no. 3) is the star of today's entry (because it's her wedding that we've attended :D). Back in school, my bed and Diana's are just next to another. The thing about her that I can't forget is that she talked a lot about stuffs. Very chirpy and won't stop until I snooze to lalaland. And I'll woke up in the morning hearing her voices all over again. She's always been the first to found out if I had a fight with my boyfriend (who is now an ex and has passed way) or studies related. Always been there to comfort this crazy emotional girl. She would do anything to see me smile again..

Even when we've been separated for almost 7 years (she went to Aussie to further her studies), she's still the same old chirpy Diana. The same friend I've known and shared my thoughts with. Can u imagine she shouted my name while making her way to the dais that day? I actually showed up next to her during the debut and wasn't thinking that she would do that! Me and the others who were just nearby couldn't help ourselves but laughing out loud. That's our lovely Diana from the old days..

In fact, if I were to describe about the rest, it could take me a while to complete just this entry. Let's just wait for their time to come. Plus, I am home for good, so I'm sure I would not miss any extra special events :). The other 3 are getting hitched and one is due to have a baby in July. And yours truly is still in her comfort zone being just a girlfriend to a boyfriend! :D


Now, isn't this the perfect reason to be home? (This to answer a question from a blogger and a few friends):)


Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same. -- Anonymous


5 comments:

reena said...

Love this entry, Aida! Ini apa yang berlegar dalam kepala i lately.

Yup a true & good friend tak akan judge, critized kita. Dia tak akan simpan dalam hati kalau kita melawak 'kasar'. They accept kita macam mana diri kita. Kalau kita buat salah pun, dia akan tegur dengan cara baik straight to pur face, not by perli ke apa..

Selamat pengantin baru to your friend! Moga berbahagia sampai akhir hayat :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Aida. I've been trying to contact u to get something fr your blogshop. Pls check your email. Thanks!

Aida Narina said...

reena: thank u reena :) of friends and friendship matter can never go out of our minds kan? I've been with so many people and tried to be their best ever friends. But only a few that stays in my heart. I believe a saying that says 'A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked'. Good one ey? hehe :)

Aida Narina said...

Anon: Thanks dear! Will get back to you later :)

Myaby said...

cantiknya tudung maysaa!

:)