Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Birthday Treats Part 2


On 23rd November 2010 marked Alan's 25th birthday. This year, the birthday boy himself personally requested for Sushi as a dinner treat. He loves Sushi so much plus we haven't had it for almost half a year now. The last time we had one was back in Southampton at our favourite Sushi restaurant called Zen. They serve fresh and delicious Sushi and tasty Unagi for the main course! (I don't like seeing eel in real life tho!) :)


Actually I don't really know any nice restaurant that serves tasty Sushi in KL/Selangor. Do you? I remembered Shugon at Sunway Pyramid but never read or heard any reviews from others. So, I'm not really sure how good it is. But, thinking of Alan and his tummy, I definitely said yes to Shogun and their Sushi..



Happy birthday to Alan dearie!
Sorry for holding this entry for so long :)
I love u b.




Dress up in black from head-to-toe.
I didn't realized that I'm all dress up in black. That includes my handbag!




Buffet of Sushi.
I love the sushi with Eel (bottom left) and salmon too!





Alan can't get enough of the food.
This was his second plate, and later third, fourth, fifth!




Taking it slow. Feeling the Japanese vibes.
Nasib tak duduk bersimpuh :D




Randon pic taken in the washroom.



I love Sushi as much as how Alan loves eating his Sushi. Look at him in the above picture. He loves doing that perasan macam raksaksa tengah makan.

Too bad at Shogun, it was not the same fresh taste that we had back at Zen. What I look forward from my Sushi is not just the normal rolled sticky rice with fillings or toppings, but definitely the taste of the just-cooked, just-rolled and just-served sticky rice taste. The fillings and toppings must taste great too - the freshness of Salmon like it has just been catch from the sea. I guess the buffet style that Shogun is offering was a bit of a turn down as all of the food don't taste that fresh anymore. Nevertheless, we got the chance to eat like there's no tomorrow..

All in all, I'll give Shogun overall a 5 out of 10 stars :) It was a great night actually and I'm grateful that my other half did enjoyed his birthday dinner. Will I recommend Shogun to others? It depends. It would be the best place to those who love buffet style food, but not to those who favour Sushi on its own.



OTW back home after a great night.
Okay, this is not the best ever picture. But it was taken by Alan.
Tak kisah la. Haha..



12 comments:

ileena said...

nak bag you ( in beige preferable) heheeeeeeeeeeee!*big grin*
i hope my father reads this. LOL:P

reena said...

Sedapnya tengok sushi tuuu! Dah lama gila tak makan. I tak dak geng nak makan sushi. Huhu. Anyway happy belated birthday to Alan! Dan kamu gorgeous as usual!

yaNa MaLeK said...

Dear, u look gorgeous in black and the BAG too!!! huhu bile time i ni nak pkai bag cmtu ;p harus tanam azam ni :)

Miss J said...

happy belated bday to Alan! btw, i love japanese food as well. i'd recommend Rakuzen at Empire. Fresh, sedap and price is reasonable..

Lyna Shaari said...

mungkin 10thn lg bru dpt pakai beg mcm aida..haha ;p

Anonymous said...

next time why dont you try tenji restaurant? the jap food is to die for...well that's wat i heard la...hehe

-visitor-

Aida Narina said...

ileena: Uncle!! Your daughter Ileena nak bag macam I (in beige) hehe! I hope your dad will read this! xoxo :D

Aida Narina said...

Reena: Thanks reena! You are gorgeous too :) Boleh tahan rasanya reena the sushi at Shogun. Lepas ni nak try Maki-Maki, rakuzen etc. kalau u nak list of places for jap buffet, u can check it out here. http://www.vkeong.com/kl-pj-japanese-buffets/ Nanti boleh ajak encik bf u try out sushi :)

Aida Narina said...

Yana: Thanks yana! Yes the bag is gorgeous and u surely can get one. I think better than mine :)

Aida Narina said...

Miss J: Hi Miss J! Jap food have that great taste kan? I read reviews abt Rakuzen too, I will definitely try it later, plus dekat Empire dekat dengan my house :)

Aida Narina said...

lyna: hehe, I'm sure it will be less than that :) One fine day :)

Aida Narina said...

Visitor: Hi there! Tenji? I've read reviews abt Tenji too and will definitely try it out! :) Thanks dear..