Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Engineer At Work


I couldn't believed that we are almost halfway through Ramadhan Al-Mubarak now. Alhamdulillah syukur to Allah. May Allah bless our fight and patience in this Holy month. :)


By the way, I'm on my short vacation now. What I meant is not vacation to London (
which I think is possible if I have the time), but what I meant is from fasting :). It's the monthly call and I'm accepting it with an open heart. God have His own reasons to create woman this way - and I call it as 'lucky charm'.

First of all, I'm really sorry for the silence. I guessed 3 weeks that have passed felt just like 3 days. Everything happened so quick, and I can't even manage my time very well till now. I'll try my best to recall what had happened for the last 3 weeks I've been in Malaysia, so do stay with me :-)


For a start, let's us begin from the day I took the flight back home:

#27th July, Tuesday - Flight back home to Malaysia. I have never felt any happier than to go back home. I enjoyed little bits and pieces on my very last day in the UK. I smiled all the way to the Airport, and I knew Alan must have thought that I'm crazy. But at last, I lost to Alan and cried next to him in front of the departure gate. He comforted by saying the everything will be alright and he will be by my side in just 2 months..Soo syahduuu you know..

#28th July, Wednesday - Safely arrived in Malaysia around 5pm. Mum picked me up at the KLIA and I cried again in front of her and other relatives. I have reasons for that - I threw up 3 times on the 13hours flight from London to KL. It must be the combination of the bumpy rides and heavy meals (I ate only 1 spoonful of the delicious Nasi Beryani and Nasi Lemak - blame the turbulence!). Or maybe the hormones?

#29th July, Thrsday - Rest at home
#30th July, Friday - Rest at home

#31st July, Saturday - We (me, mum and siblings) went to the tailor to get myself measured and Alhamdulillah managed to get everything sorted. At least, I'll have one baju kurung and one kebaya for Eid :). Then we headed straight to IKEA to get a few stuffs for my house in Bukit Jelutong. Just some basic stuffs like hangers, boxes, pillows, duvet, curtains and candles. That cost me at least RM400. Fuhhhh, why everything need to be darn expensive..

#1st August, Sunday - Mum went back early in the morning to sort some things out back home and I spent the day resting. Still jetlegged :p


Before I proceed with the details, I would love to spill out the good news :). I'm now a proud engineer to a company which is currently expending their business worldwide. Let's not reveal the name of the company. Some of the readers and friends might already knew to which company I'm currently working with, and I believed that they can keep it to themselves, InsyaAllah. I know!! I'm no longer a student who used to chillex all the time and do things according to when I want it and where I want it. In fact, I'm now a 9-to-5 engineer with my own workstations and stationaries. How cool is that? Haha.

Up until today, it has been
3 weeks and 2 day working with 'the company'. 23 freaking days??? I sendiri pun tak percaya! The details about the whole process of getting the job will be discussed in my next entry. Wink*wink*. But as for now, all I can say that syukur Alhamdulillah and I can't imagine how I will react getting my very first salary this Friday, hehe :)

So, what's interesting that had happened till now? Apart from waking up early in the morning and facing the bad traffic around Damansara area, I've been on such intensed briefing, tour sites and many more. Nah sila tengok muka bangun awal pergi kerja :p





#2nd August, Monday - Welcomed by 'the company'. Ice-breaking session. There are 13 of us in the programme all are fresh graduates. 11 from the UK and 3 from local universities. We've been told that it's some kind of an accelerated engineering programme and we've been very lucky to be in the team. :) Free food the whole day.

#3rd August, Tuesday - Introduced to 'the company' in depth. We were briefed about the structure of the programme, the brand that 'the company' holds and whatnot. Again, free food for the whole day.

#4th August, Wednesday - Tour 'the company' by each departments. Tour the manufacturing site in Rawang. Seen the 'multi-billionaire' project for the very first time. Briefing about the LO (Letter of Offer), salary, bonus and whatnot. Group activities. Again, free food throughout the whole day.

#5th August to 6th August, Thursday to Friday - Team Bulidings in Genting. Best gila!

#9th to 13th August, Monday to Friday - Training with UPM holdings at University Putra Malaysia for design process programme. Makan best!



Seee, lots of things to blog about. Tak apa, we'll take it slow and make it right, hehe..See you next tau? Let's work hard for tomorrow :-)

Happy fasting ladies!!

18 comments:

reena said...

Congrats, Ir. Aida Narina! Hehe. Wah dah jadi wnaita berkerjaya sekarang. Anyway, only 3 from local uni? Wow.

Anna Da Lady said...

Assalamualaikum, Sis.Welcome to real engineering world...

DaZzlingLilLy said...

i like ur spirit missy engineer aida...bsemangat jer u pas grad terus masuk keja..gud for you..part yg paling best ur first salary before raya..boleh la adik2 merasa duit raya dr u...sonok diorang..like anna da lady said: welcome to the engineering world dear!

nuraitul said...

oh..dia da keje da..??cepatnye..
congratulation..baru grad trus dpt keje ye..besh besh.. :)

Farah said...

tahniah!! and selamat berpuasa.

fizamior said...

congrats dear! welcome to the club! hehehehehehehe.... best sgt kan jadik engineer? ur in what unit?

aryna said...

eh eh rumah kte dekat la.heeee.bkt jelutong jugak:)

Aida Narina said...

Reena: Thanks reena :-) Ir i tunggu a few years lagi lah, belum qualified. Tapi kalau ada rezeki cepat2 apa salahnya kan? :p Yup2, the balanced out the intakes from overseas and local unis :)

Aida Narina said...

Anna: Salam Anna :) Thanks dearrrrr.. Lets us be a good one, amin :)

Aida Narina said...

dazzlinglilly: Thanks dearie!! Ituhlaaa, i pun rasa bersemangat nak bekerja. New environment, new air, new everything. Hopefully it will last till I don't know when :)Betul2, tahun ni merasa la adik2 i dapat duit raya hehehe..Tapi tak bnyk lah sebab i tak dapat bonus raya macam uuuu, jeles2 :p

Aida Narina said...

Nuraitul: Alhamdulillah, best2. Esp merasa kerja dengan our own people. Dulu buat kerja dgn mat salleh macam2 lah kan halangan. But now, my bosses ramai mat saleh, but at least work colleague all malaysians, so much2 better :)

Aida Narina said...

Farah: Thanks farah! And selamat berpuasa too yea :)

Aida Narina said...

Fizamior: Thanks dearrrr :) Yes, at last kan. I'm in the club hehee. I'm currently on work rotations. Not yet being assigned to a specific department. But now currently with the systems assurance :) Best2, banyak relate to theoretical part..

Aida Narina said...

Aryna: Yeayyy, dekat2. Nanti2 mesti jumpa hehee :)

The Queen Bee said...

wah sudah kerjaa! good luckk

l y n n a s h a a r i said...

dah kerja pun... :) congrats

Liyana said...

Congratulations. Semoga semangat kerja terus membara!
Mesti exciting.. start kerja, first Ramadhan/Raya, and berbelanja Raya for the family for the first time.

miralatiff said...

Aida duduk Bukit Jelutong?Close to my house laa..nanti leh jumpe!